Samuel J. Fetchero
Highly experienced high-tech & banking executive leader with a proven track record in business strategy & analysis, marketing, customer experience, and loyalty / retention.
Passion for building teams to solve big problems by developing an integrated, cross-functional, & deeply data-driven/analytical understanding of customer needs & holistic experience; driving insight to action via winning product design, marketing, & servicing.
Apptio â€“ Director, Product Marketing
2017 â€“ present
Lead product marketing team for Cloud & Hybrid SaaS products, helping IT leaders demonstrate the value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation
- Incubated new products within Apptio: Cloud Cost Management, Cloud Business Management, and Hybrid Business Management. Recruited early adopters (e.g. Hilton Hotels & Hersheyâ€™s) for product feedback and references. Landed 5 deals prior to launch. Shepherd of the product messaging, positioning, and packaging/pricing.
- Launched 3 new cloud products, leading cross-functional team of product, marketing, sales, and customer success. Created go-to-market strategy, including demand gen, field sales, and partner. Increased sales run rate from $300k to $8.4M.
- Rapidly accelerated field readiness through a cloud education program including in-person and online classes, content, and interactive practice. Brought in external experts from AWS and Azure. Executive sponsorship from CEO.
- Built holistic competitive framework with robust competitive analysis of crowded cloud costing space, sales assets (e.g. battle cards), and feedback for product team on product direction. Interviewed customers, sellers, partners, and industry analysts.
- Engaged analyst community and landed Apptio for Cloud as â€œStrong Performerâ€ in first Forrester Wave report.
Microsoft â€“ Director, Product Marketing
2015 â€“ 2017
US Marketing & Operations: Cloud & Enterprise: Led passionate team of 7 FTE across 3 regional offices; accountable for $700M+ Visual Studio & Azure revenue. Promoted for building strong team through championing talent & recruiting
- Achieved +$25M revenue over-performance through an integrated sales & marketing program including events, content marketing, marketing automation, and sales readiness/enablement
- Built $18M sales pipeline through event strategy of large, cross-Microsoft product tours and executive roundtables
- Created partner program to drive $5M incremental cloud revenue/consumption through proof-of-concept engagements with partners architecting workloads (Dev/Test, DevOps, App Modernization) on Azure with high customer satisfaction
- Effectively managed $3.2M marketing budget and reduced costs $1.5M through data-driven marketing analysis. Drove 500% increase in leads.
Microsoft â€“ Group Manager; Business Manager; Sr. Manager
2010 â€“ 2014
US Marketing & Operations: Developer Experience & Evangelism: Managed business management & sales excellence team of 5 FTE and 4 vendors; $17M Budget
Bing: Managed 3 FTE team responsible for digital marketing, social buzz & community analytics, web, and email analytics. Promoted.
- Identified $1B opportunity and $43M year 1 rev. to target a segment of independent software vendors (ISVs) with a customized cloud offering, including design, application build and optimization, and co-marketing
- Implemented agile methodology to rhythm of business of 300-person team, including business reviews and sales pipeline. Improved effectiveness and reduced time to make decisions and eliminate blockers by 21-days / month.
- Drove $8M in savings by creating framework to evaluate paid customer acquisition tactics and eliminating low performing channels. Built customer loyalty (-25% churn) through better targeting and engagement.
- Created return on marketing investment analysis framework to measure marketing channels impact on key brand metrics using time-series regression, statistical analysis and data mining. Identified $4M in saving by shifting advertising spend from low-to-high efficiency channels.
Visible Technologies â€“ Sr. Research Manager
VC-funded startup; provided strategic consulting to Fortune 500 companies to develop a social media learning, research, and engagement strategy, including goals, metrics, and generating ROI. Focused on large banks (American Express, Wells Fargo, Citi).
- Drove 300% improvement in clientsâ€™ social engagement by creating a framework to track campaigns and product launches to measure buzz, sentiment, and deliver insights on effectiveness & new opportunities
- Used data mining and statistical analysis to analyze large quantities of data to evaluate relevancy and sentiment of brands, products, and marketing
Capital One â€“ Business Manager, Sr. Analyst, Analyst
Managed analyst team; developed customer acquisition and retention credit policy models using NPV and DCF. Promoted multiple times to increasing responsibility.
- Created and maintained financial models for $1.4B rewards liability; drove $27M NIAT improvement through identifying areas of opportunity to increase customer satisfaction and decrease risk.
- Simplified product complexity and accelerated future innovation and agility by reducing over 200 credit card rewards product combinations by 64%, limited profit risk to under 0.1%, and increased customer value
- Created $16M in incremental NIAT by analyzing, designing, and implementing value-based segmentation in the largest revenue segment of the Recoveries business
- Recommended credit policy changes to improve NIAT by â‚¤10M by leading a consulting engagement with the United Kingdom business to investigate the credit-turn; presented findings to President of Capital One Europe
The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania â€“ Philadelphia, PA
- BS Economics
- Finance & Accounting Concentration
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Management & Leadership
- Marketing Strategy
- SaaS, PaaS, & IaaS Cloud Computing
- Strategy Development
- Digital Marketing & Demand Generation
- Analytics, Business Intelligence, & Customer Insight
- Apptio Aspire Conference 2018 & 2019 – Speaker
- Apptio Accelerate Conference 2018 – Speaker
- Technology Business Management ConferenceÂ 2017 & 2018 – Speaker
- Microsoft Executive Briefing Center â€“ Certified Customer and Partner Speaker
- MeasureUp Analytics Conference â€“ Keynote Speaker
- Microsoft Internal Analytics Conference â€“ Speaker
- TechTalk: Harnessing the Power of Intelligent Data and App Development â€“ Speaker
- President of Board of Directors, Worldview Matters
- Board of Elders: Westminster Chapel
- Vice President-Appointed Lead, Microsoft Give Campaign
- MoneyWi$e Financial Education Instructor & Trainer
- Refugee Womenâ€™s Alliance (ReWA): Youth Mentor