Samuel J. Fetchero
The Wharton School: The University of Pennsylvania
Bachelors of Science in Economics, 2003
- Concentration in Finance and Accounting
- Graduated Cum Laude
- President: Phi Sigma Kappa
- Editor: Wharton’s commentary magazine
Microsoft 2010 – present
Director, Product Marketing, US Marketing & Operations: Cloud & Enterprise
Lead passionate team of 7 FTE and 4 vendors across 5 offices; accountable for $700M+ Visual Studio, Azure, and MSDN revenue. Built strong team through championing talent management & recruiting
- Delivered +$25M rev. vs. budget through orchestrating product portfolio simplification through connected sales & mktg.
- Built $18M sales pipeline through event strategy of large, cross-Microsoft product tours and executive roundtables
- Created partner program to drive $5M incremental cloud revenue/consumption through proof-of-concept engagements with partners architecting workloads (Dev/Test, DevOps, App Modernization) on Azure with high customer satisfaction
- Effectively managed $3.2M marketing budget and reduced costs $1.5M through data-driven marketing analysis.
- Automated marketing through Marketo; drove 500% increase in leads through content marketing & optimization
Group Business Manager, Developer Experience and Evangelism
Managed business management & sales excellence team of 5 FTE and 4 vendors; $17M Budget
- Identified $1B market opportunity and $43M year 1 revenue to target a segment of independent software vendors (ISVs) with a customized Azure cloud offering, including design, application build and optimization, and co-marketing
- Led zero-based budget analysis to re-allocate $2M of $17M budget to most effective marketing to develop and promote top apps on Windows, Windows Phone, and Azure.
- Implemented agile methodology to rhythm of business of 300-person team, including business reviews and sales pipeline. Improved team effectiveness and reduced time to make decisions and eliminate blockers by 21-days / month.
- Created and implemented Power BI reporting framework for real-time analytics on business status and performance. Integrated disparate data sources for single source of truth
Group Manager – Analytics, Senior Analytics Manager – Bing
Managed team responsible for digital marketing, social buzz & community analytics, web, and email analytics
- Drove $8M in savings by creating framework to evaluate paid customer acquisition tactics and eliminating low performing channels. Built customer loyalty (exceeded retention targets) through better targeting and engagement.
- Created return on marketing investment analysis framework to measure marketing channels impact on key brand metrics using time-series regression, statistical analysis and data mining. Identified $4M in saving by shifting advertising spend from low-to-high efficiency channels.
- Created and maintained frameworks to measure effectiveness of large marketing campaigns, including identifying key KPIs, reporting cadences, and test planning. Integrated cross-team and cross-division plans to reduce redundancy.
Cision / Vocus (acquired Visible Technologies) 2009-2010
Senior Research Analyst
Provided strategic consulting to Fortune 500 companies to develop a social media learning, research, and engagement agenda, including goals, metrics, and generating ROI. Focused on large banks (American Express, Wells Fargo, Citi).
- Drove 300% improvement in clients’ social engagement by creating a framework to track campaigns and new product launches within social media to measure buzz, sentiment, and deliver insights on effectiveness & new opportunities
- Used data mining and statistical analysis to efficiently analyze large quantities of data to evaluate relevancy and sentiment to brands, products, and marketing
- Delivered senior-level reports and presentations to recommend improvements to clients’ Web 2.0 strategy
Capital One Financial Corporation 2003 – 2009
Business Manager, Loyalty Strategy and Marketing 2007 – 2009
Managed analyst team; developed customer acquisition and retention credit policy models using NPV and DCF
- Developed loyalty products and marketing to acquire, retain, and deepen customer relationships within consumer and small business segments
- Created and maintained financial models for $1.4B rewards liability; drove $27M NIAT improvement through identifying areas of opportunity and applying business logic.
- Simplified product complexity and accelerated future innovation and agility by reducing over 200 credit card rewards product combinations by 64%, limited profit risk to under 0.1%, and maintained customer value
- Leveraged consumer research insights to craft direct mail sent to 4M customers and utilized multivariate testing to optimize messages to maximize retention rate and satisfaction
Manager of Operations Analysis, Senior Operations Analyst, UK Risk/US Card Recoveries 2003 – 2007
Managed analysis team responsible for the two largest segments of the Recoveries business
- Created $16M in incremental NIAT by analyzing, designing, and implementing value-based segmentation in the largest revenue segment of the Recoveries business
- Recommended credit policy changes to improve NIAT by ₤10M by leading a consulting engagement with the United Kingdom business to investigate the credit-turn; presented findings to President of Capital One Europe
- Delivered $24M incremental revenue through a 18M annual direct mail campaign. Used multivariate testing to optimize creative, message, frequency, and targeting.
- President of Board of Directors, Worldview Matters. To equip schools, churches, businesses and households with resources to help their members successfully connect their everyday life with biblical worldview
- Board of Elders: Westminster Chapel
- Vice President Appointed Lead, Microsoft Give Campaign, US Marketing and Operations. Raised $700k for charity and planned and led full day, 150-person service project at Parkwood Elementary School.
- MoneyWi$e Financial Education Instructor & Trainer: Taught 26-week courses on budgeting, banking, and credit at 35-person homeless rehabilitation center. Trained volunteers to lead classroom instruction.
- Refuge Women’s Alliance (ReWA): Youth Mentor: Work with Middle School children to make positive life choices that allow them to maximize their potential. Serve as role model, friend, and advocate
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), SQL, Adobe Omniture (Site Catalyst and Insight), Google Analytics, Social Media Monitoring tools (e.g. TruCast, Radian6, Nielsen Buzz Metrics, Crimson Hexagon), Microsoft Power BI / Business Intelligence platform, Marketing campaign management (Marketo, MDM), SEO/SEM, and HTML